My starter solenoid contacts wore out. Here is info for a Cressida/Crown/Supra with a denso starter.
Although the denso starter solenoids are fairly common, I wanted to make sure I was ordering the right parts. Many rebuild kits on ebay and amazon are vague in their application list, and vague is never good.
I checked my part number of my starter solenoid as 28150-41060 as used on 5M, 6M, 7M, RZ engines. As I couldn’t find a rebuild kit listing exactly that part number, I took it apart and here are the dimensions I measured:
- ~20.65mm Plunger body diameter
- ~36.8mm Plunger ring contact diameter
- ~96.65mm Overall rod length including top hat
- 8mm diameter terminal posts outside the body of the solenoid
- Extended wing (‘C’ shape) contacts – ~21.5 mm wide. Type 1 on the photo below:
This is valid for 28150-41060 only. If yours is a different P/N I encourage you to measure it – you need to take it apart anyway. When getting a kit, make sure to get one that includes a plunger, as the ring on it is a wearing contact too.